Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Slicing Pizza Perfectly

Since I had the craving today for pizza and went to Papa V's in Mansfield for a pie, I was immediately drawn to this post on Boing Boing about two mathematicians who have bee working on a problem of "The perfect way to slice a pizza." Apparently, this is a serious mathematical problem, one that's been worked on for half a century or more.

It's a fascinating look at the problem. Still, I'd probably eat the whole thing before they got done drawing their diagrams.

(h/t to Instapundit)

3 comments:

Shelley said...

I've been studying all night and I'm very hungry. I come over to your post and now I have a mad craving for pizza!! Going to see if it's too late for me to get one over here....

Shelley said...

Not sure if my other comment posted as I keep getting errors. But your pizza post just made me order a large round pizza w/ mushrooms and pepperoni!

joated said...

Great minds and all that....

I got the large pie, too. Asked for mushrooms and sausage but when I got home I found out they gave me a sausage and pepperoni.

Hope all your studying is paying off. Should be close to semester finals, no?