Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Drought...No..Rain...No Drought

So, I'm driving over to Lowe's to pick up some materials to work on the retaining wall and stain for the deck and I hear on the radio that Gov. Rendell has issued a drought warning for much of the state. homeowners are asked to go easy on the water usage, etc. although reservoirs are in pretty good shape. There's some concern for the corn crop, yada, yada, yada. (I'm thinking to myself that while I have a well, as I have mentioned, I wouldn't mind a little more rain to replenish the the ground water supply upon which I depend.)

As might be expected, at around 3 o'clock this afternoon, it starts to rain. The forecast is for some pretty heavy thunderstorms tonight and scattered T-storms tomorrow and tomorrow night. Timing is everything.

Unfortunately, the rain that is moving through won't do much to lower the temperatures for the rest of the week. If we're lucky, we'll get back down into the 70s for the weekend. Until then it'll be the mid to upper 80s by day with night time lows in the high 60's or low 70s.

UPDATE: As of 9 AM Wednesday morning the rain gauge held 1.15 inches. There's still a chance for some T-storms this morning before it clears away...until Friday.

No comments: