Tuesday, August 14, 2007

More chores today

Damn, I thought retirement was supposed to mean less work! Since I "retired" I've been busting my hump. First to prep the NJ home for sale, then to build the Aerie, next to cut and split firewood for the Bolt Hole, finishing off the basement, starting the landscaping with the retaining walls, and today to stain the deck (had to let the pressure treated wood "age" before the stain could be applied). The list just seems to keep getting longer and longer.

At least today I won't be hauling 85 pound blocks or shoveling stone. No, instead I'll be on my knees (ouch) brushing on stain. I'll take a couple of before and after shots and post them later.

2 comments:

GUYK said...

I know what you mean..I have a list about three foot long to "think" about doing..now whether I do it or not remains to be seen because when I get one list done another magically appears..

I would rather be fishing.

GUYK said...

By the way, I didn't stain my deack...I wuz gonna but after the pressure treated wood dried I kinda liked that natural 'redneck' look of it so just left it. Besides, staining is work and I like to avoid such