Monday, August 13, 2007

More retaining wall

Yesterday being Sunday, I took the day off from working on the retaining wall(s) and went birding instead.

Today I went back to work and spent six hours moving concrete block to complete one retaining wall and build a second, smaller wall. I hadn't intended to build the second wall but after altering the plans for the first wall, I had 30 or so blocks left over. (I decided not to built the larger wall even taller and so had two full rows of 15 blocks each left.) Despite temperatures only in the 70s, perspiration flowed freely. The job is done, however, and does look rather nice. As an added bonus, the four pallets that held the stone are now relegated to the scrap heap (actually, they'll go up to the Bolt Hole to stack firewood upon) and the piles of stone are rapidly diminishing.

With no rain in the forecast for a couple of days, tomorrow will be time to stain the deck.

No comments: