Friday, August 24, 2007

Rain, we had some--need more.

I got back to the Aerie yesterday to learn that there had been two plus inches of rain between Monday and Thursday. (I had none up at the Bolt Hole until I was leaving Thursday afternoon when some quick moving but very heavy thunderstorms swept in.) In all of July we had just 1.9 inches and here we got more in three days. And there's more forecast for tomorrow. Of course if it's like today's scattered T-storms (one past to the north and another to the south after heading right towards us from the west),we'll get nothing on our side of the hill while there will be floods all around us. We could use all we get since this area is between 4 and 5 inches below normal to this point of the summer.

Some of the soil behind my retaining wall washed down, which wasn't a surprise as I hadn't gotten any sort of mulch one the surface. The rain also packed the earth down some so I'll have to use the wheelbarrow some more to fill in the fill.

Of course the heat moved up from the south just as I returned from the north so any work I do will be in 85 to 90 degree work. Manana.

1 comment:

GUYK said...

we finally got a half inch this afternoon and the weather quacks predict more for the weekend..been kinda dry and another half inch a day for a week or so would be great. This damn sand has the perk that just drains the water in a hurry