Saturday, May 03, 2008

Basement Progress 6

I got back to work on the basement ceiling today. I had measured out the positions for the wall border and the lag screws yesterday so it was simple enough to zip right along the walls putting up the border using sheetrock screws and then zap the lag screws up before lunch.

The afternoon was spent alternately yelling at the TV where the Mets were blowing it to the Diamondbacks (final score 10-4) and installing the grid and the two recessed light fixtures. My calculations for materials needed were far better than the Mets' relief pitching. (I was just one 2' long cross piece short. The bullpen gave up 5 freaking runs in the eighth inning.)

Since we'll be going out to diner tomorrow (Terry's birthday was today), I'll probably get most--but not all--of the ceiling tiles in place.

Terry has an EGA meeting up near the Lowes in Horseheads on Monday and she plans on purchasing some perennial plants there so she'll also be able to get the missing cross piece then. (Gotta think about spending $10 worth of gas to get a $1.50 piece to finish the job.) I'll be spending Monday installing the ceiling fan and cutting holes in ceiling tiles for the recessed lights.

The entire job should be finished by Monday night.

2 comments:

Erica said...

I don’t know if I ever told you this, but I don’t have cable television, so I rarely get to watch the Mets anymore, but last night I went out with a few friends, and the bar had the Mets game on, so I got to watch Reyes nearly hit for The Cycle.

When he hit what for most average players would have been a double and tried to go the inside the park home run, well…I was damn near climbing on the bar, screaming, praying…typical Mets fan animalistic behavior. I always found them more exciting than the average ball club, regardless of whether their roster had Strawberry, Gooden, Carter and Herandez, or the guys they have now.

They just better not tank this year the way they did last year. Gods, did that hurt.

JihadGene said...

Have a wonderful dinner together!
JihadGene