Friday, May 09, 2008

My Day

I woke up at 2 AM this morning expecting to hear all sorts of rain falling on the roof of the Aerie and dripping down the gutter spouts. At first I could hear nothing because the hacking and coughing of blocked bronchial passages kept me busy. When I was able to catch my breath, however, there was no rain. I tried to roll over and go back to sleep.

For nearly an hour I tossed and turned and occasionally coughed before I finally gave it up and got dressed and headed downstairs where I was beset by three kitties who demanded to be fed even if it was just 3 AM. To preserve life and limb, I fed the hungry little buggers and then sat down to the computer. There wasn’t a whole lot of new material on the web sites I usually visit and in looking over the news sites (Yahoo, Google, NY Times, Newark Star Ledger, etc.) I could find precious little to excite my blogger bones. Even Drew Curtis’ FARK, Lucianne, and the Drudge Report had no real grabbers. (Although I did spend time reading an article or two here and there.)

On the off chance that some of the bloggers were out and about early I went to search out some of the New Jersey/New York cadre.

First I went back to a nauseating post by Jimbo of Parkway Rest Stop: Al Gore’s Dog, Pony and Global Warming $how.

Any time you want to unearth the truth about a scam, just follow the money. An awful lot of it seems to be finding its way into Mr. Gore’s increasingly tight-fitting jeans. Way too much for a person who is supposed to be pouring it all out to “Save the Planet”, if you ask me.

(The temperature at that time was a very modest 43 degrees at around 6 AM. It would eventually start raining but the temperature would only rise to around 47 degrees until the rain stopped and the sun came out at 5:00. Then the thermometer would register the high for the day: 53 degrees, before it would again begin to cool as the sun sank in the west. According to Weather.com, the average high for this date and location is supposed to be 66 degrees.)

Poking around a bit more I came upon the information that was painfully obvious: This last April was one cool customer. According to NOAA, the US experienced the 29th coldest April in 114 years and the coolest in 11 years.

Searching some more amongst my NJ acquaintances, I found TigerHawk up and at ’em early and posting about A climate change skeptic goes to Greenland I clicked though to see what Greenland was all about and found the Climate Skeptic (he deserves the capitals) to have a web site documenting all sorts of hanky-panky with the scientific data and lots of references from other Skeptical Scientists. I spent lots of time there just checking out the “settled science” unsettlers. I Love My Carbon Dioxide Trust me, he’s posted lots of stuff and it will take you a good long while to go through it and you’ll be pretty peeved at the end.

Finally, I ended my morning at Ann Althouse’s site where she asks: ”Why bury trees?” The question is in response to this article in The New Republic about a report coming out of the University of Maryland suggestion just such an action (burying trees) as a means of sequestering carbon dioxide. Ann also asks: “But wouldn't it be much better to bury paper — like all that newspaper and office paper that we've been wasting energy recycling?” I believe she’s got a point.

I surfed the net for a few more hours, hung some drapes in the downstairs bedrooms, went to a church dinner with Terry (great chicken and biscuits) and now It’s getting dark, the Mets may never start play and I’m ready to hit the sack.

Good nite all. Try to stay warm.



2 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

It's unfortunate that we must say, "None of this is surprising." Algore is responsible for the removal of freon, and don't forget he invented the internet! Now he's removing the change from chumps' pockets.

Here in south central Alaska, we've just come out of a late spring blizzard, with nearly two feet of snow on April 19. We had the snowiest April on record, and May is a couple of degrees below average, so far.

"Peeved" doesn't cover it. And don't even get me started on the price of gas up here ...

GUYK said...

I caught the last inning of the Rays last night..bored and nothing else on except an arena football game..Rays won.

I saw that bit on Jimbo's place..sickening, huh?

In a few years I suspect that the public will be laughing at AL Gore and the "We all gonna die" enviro-nuts...but of course by then the enviro-nuts wil be hooplahing about something else that is gonna kill us...must be sumthin in the water they drink..