Thursday, May 22, 2008

Cookie Jar is full (for now)

It never got above 51 degrees today and the stiff breeze (20-25 mph) out of the north made it feel much cooler. The winds also brought waves of cloud banks that produced heavy but brief showers.

I got the fixin's out and made a gross of cookies. (That's 12 dozen or 12 x 12 = 144 for those who are mathematically below mean.) Half of them were chocolate chips made with the Toll House recipe and the other half used the same recipe but with Heath's Butter Brickle chips and Chocolate Toffee chips. The latter cookies turned out quite good and, unlike the chocolate chips, pretty uniform in size and shape.

It took me about an hour and a half to mix and bake the cookies and another half hour to clean up. Time well spent in front of a warm stove and with my hands immersed in hot water.

(Terry wants to know if I think the cookies will make it to Monday. I don't know, that's a loooong way away.)

2 comments:

Mr. Bingley said...

As a kid I used to love eating the raw tollhouse dough.

joated said...

Well, I guess I never grew up then. I ate enough to maybe make 5 or 6 more cookies. And that's not counting what I liked off the mixer blade or my fingers.