Monday, May 05, 2008

Basement Progress 7

I got nearly all of the remaining ceiling tiles in today. The three that went around the recessed lights weren’t as hard as I thought they would be. It just took time and patience to cut the circular holes in the right spot.

I had to wait for Terry to bring back the cross pieces I was short. And I just didn’t feel up to moving everything around so I could get to the place where the ceiling fan is going. I may have to cut and drill the pipe to extend the fan low enough to clear the ceiling tiles. The shortest extension they sell is still a 1-foot piece of pipe and that may bring the fan down too low. It comes with a 3-inch piece and that may be too short. I won’t know for sure until I get the majority of the stuff set up and actually hang the damn pipe from the fixture.

Ceiling 1
The missing panel in the back is where the ceiling fan is to go---tomorrow afternoon?

Ceiling 2
The finished ceiling adds a touch of class to the area. And quite an area it is, too. The two halves of the basement here are approximately 13' x 22' each. I worked in classrooms smaller than that.

Ceiling 3
Only three partial ceiling tiles to go in the back against the wall.

And so ends another day at the Aerie:

Sunset May 5, 2008
Sunsets like this are the norm. I find myself feeling rather bored with them. NOT

1 comment:

JDP said...

The ceiling project looks great and think of all the money you are saving by doing it yourself.

JDP