Sunday, April 29, 2012

New Look

I kinda like this new look.

I got several messages that Blogger was going to discontinue servicing the old template/style that I had been using come the end of May and that I might get locked out of my blog as a result. After the third or fourth notice, I finally decided to see what they had to offer.

There were quite a few new templates available to choose from but this one just seemed to fit somehow. (And since I'm pretty much just floating along here free of charge, well, you know the saying, "Beggars can't be choosers!" (Unless you're a liberal. Then you get to b*tch and moan about the quantity and quality of charity you receive.))

Once I made the switch, I discovered that the means and methods of adding stuff to the sidebar had changed and some of the little things I had over there had vanished. Things like the moon phases, weather, some of the categories of links, and my site meter way down there on the bottom. It took me a bit of a while to figure things out and I still can't relocate the moon phase thingy that I had, but I've got a new look with which I'm more than pleased.

Just a few more little tweeks and pokes to be made.

3 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

The bird motif does suit you. They haven't discontinued mine yet, but I'm sure that's coming ... eventually.

joated said...

The warning came with a date. Saying something like "Blogs created before XYZ." (I didn't read it too carefully and can't remember the exact date.) I've been making entries since 2004(?) or so.

threecollie said...

I like the new look, not that I didn't like the old look. As Rev. Paul says, we are probably next.