Saturday, March 18, 2006

Moose + Car = Trouble

You’re just driving down the road on your way home at 11 PM when ---WHAM!
A 500-pound moose crashed through the windshield of a car in Leominster and ended up sitting in the passenger seat with its head sticking through the glass.
Luckily the woman driving said car was able to get out and walk away without serious injury. The moose wasn't so lucky and I bet neither was the car. yet, only 500-pounds? That’s a youngster.

Now, this didn’t happen in some remote wilderness area. This accident happened just 40 miles west of Boston, Massachusetts.

H/t Yahoo! News

1 comment:

Basil Glenn said...

OMG! That could have been really bad! I'm glad it wasn't worse! It's good to hear the driver walked away just fine; I hope the moose did too. And I hope that car could still have been saved. How strong would the impact have been, though, to send the moose crashing right through the windshield? Yikes! I shudder just thinking about it!