Thursday, March 02, 2006

Off he goes, into the wild blue yonder

Jimbo over at Parkway Rest Stop posted about his flight in a glider. Sounds like a really neat trip.

I’m not much for flying big jets (only been on two trips where I had to) but I’ve totally enjoyed our short hops in the puddle-jumping Beavers when we go fishing in Quebec and the couple of times I’ve been hot air ballooning out in South Park beyond Pike’s Peak. It must be something about the size of the craft or that there aren’t a hundred other passengers with their whiny little kids, coughs, snores, etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe I'd give hot air ballooning a go. However, having seen a film of what happens when the balloon catches fire, I'd probably need a cocktail or two before I hopped in the basket. :-)

A few years ago, I went to the Ballooning Festival in Branchburg. It was great.