Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Everybody's on the road but me.

Terry hits the road tomorrow to head west to Peoria, Illinois to visit her second cousin for a few days. Then it’s back to Chicago for the Embroiderers’ Guild of America (EGA) National Convention. While in Chicago, she will also have dinner with our nephew, Brian.

She’ll be gone for 10 days or so. Just me, the cats, and the birds (and squirrels, chipmunks, cottontails, and…) at the Aerie ‘til she returns.

Meanwhile, daughter Jessica is heading to Atlanta, GA on Thursday to attend Dragon*Con. Looking at the list of authors and actors scheduled as guests/participants, I wouldn’t mind being there myself if it weren’t for two things” 1) It’s in Atlanta where it’s pretty freakin’ hazy, hot, and humid in late August and 2)The crowds of silly costumed people (one of which will be my daughter). I HATE the three Hs and get very antsy around crowds of more than 20 people. (Which is kinda nuts for a former teacher. But, hey, to teach for 32 years you have to be just a little nuts.)

And, of course, Rick is in Guyana until next July.

Everybody is somewhere else while I’m right here.
Actually, I might just pack the cats up and go up to the Bolt Hole for a few days—but after the holiday weekend. By then I should have the raised bed finished and perhaps even the painting of the basement done.

No comments: