Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Round Two

I checked on the wasp nest several times today and found a considerable number of the little pests hard at work trying to repair the tiny little bit that was still clinging to the rafter inthe barn. So I went down to Lowe's to pick up two more cans of spray.

Tonight, after the sun went down and the temperature dropped about 15 degrees to just under 50, I donned my protective cloathing, tucked my shirt in my pants and my pants into my boots, grabbed the flashlight and one of the cans of spray and gave it to 'em again. This Spectracide spray is great! From over 20 feet away I soaked the little paper that was left and coated nearly every wasp with a lethal dose of chemical. I saw them drop to the ground still writhing and attempting to sting. With any sort of luck this will have been the knock out punch. I should be able to comfortably work in and around the barn tomorrow without worrying that the "buzz" I hear is anything but the hummingbirds that are still around.

1 comment:

GUYK said...

A couple of years ago I had a nest of yellow jackets under the eve of my workshop..I did the same thing except I stood back about 10 feet in the heat of the day and let it rip...I had to get several of them on the wing with the spray can..kind of like shooting skeet..just lead the sumbitches a bit