Friday, August 10, 2007

Sound and fury signifying...

I'm talking of the weather dopes on TV and internet. Yesterday they were calling for between 0.75 to 1.5 inches of much needed rain overnight. This morning the rain gauge showed just 0.15 inches.

It's still overcast (I think, the fog has closed in about the Aerie so I can barely see the trees 50 yards from the porch) but the chance for rain has pretty much passed us by. I'll take the opportunity to rest my back from the strain of constructing the retaining wall, however, and will instead do some sanding of the spackling Adam did in the basement yesterday. One more coat along the major seams and the walls down there will be ready for paint.

Just checked the forecast for the next ten days on weather.com. No more than 30% chance of rain through Sunday...August 19. Highs to be around 80 degrees and lows in the mid to upper 50s. (We are usually 5 degrees cooler on the highs at our 2100 foot elevation.)

1 comment:

Ogre said...

Luxury. :)

We're suffering through 100+ days with 0% chance of rain. Now if I lived in the desert, that would be fine -- but this is the Piedmont area of North Carolina where it almost NEVER gets even in the upper-90s and summer is supposed to be the Thunderstorm season!

Strange weather these days, my friend!