Monday, May 05, 2008

Aerie Farmer

Early tomorrow I'll be playing farmer while Terry hustles off to a morning doctor's appointment for some blood work. (I've asked her to get me an appointment so I can, hopefully, put an end to the coughing and hacking I've been doing lately. Some is undoubtedly allergy related but some is more bronchial.)

She picked up a bunch of perrenial plants today to go in the beds. Not nearly as many plants as I thought she would get but it's a start. There's some hosta and bleeding hearts; some heather and some eumonimus(?); some ornamental grasses and some mountain pinks. Many will go in the area next to the driveway where there is partial shade. But the salvia and a few others will go out in the raised beds where there's some more sun.

She got some tomato plants too but they will go into pots on the deck. I want to see if Wally-World or Agway have any strawberries and or blackberry plants I can put out. If they do, I'll fight the rabbits and squirrels tooth and nail for the fruits.

No comments: