Monday, May 12, 2008

Basement Progress 8

I spent the afternoon finishing up the ceiling in the basement. That meant putting up the last three partial tiles in the back corner and then installing the ceiling fan. It took some time and I can truly say that I'm glad Adam installed the two in the cathedral ceilings on the first floor and master bedroom because those things are 1) heavy and 2) awkward to work on over your head. Granted he had someone (me) on the ground to hand him tools and parts as he needed them and I was working alone, but still....

Here's what the final installation looks like:

Basement Ceiling Fan

I had to slice the ceiling tile to fit it around the drop down pipe but because of the style of tile we chose, you can hardly tell it's been cut.

I'm really pleased with the final appearance of the ceiling. I just wish there hadn't been so much dust from the cutting of the tiles--and the cat dander and litter boxes. I'm sure that dust contributed to my breathing problems. I'm going to hook up one of the air filters for the basement and hope that keeps things under control.

Now the only things left to do down there are the trim around the doors and windows and the staining of the doors themselves.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

You were wearing a mask right??? Please tell me you were.

It looks great - you did a terrific job!

Mr. Bingley said...

Dang, that's looking great.