Thursday, May 08, 2008

How to win in 2008

Victor David Hanson details the platform the Republicans can win with in this piece.


A summary:
In short, low taxes, secure borders, moral governance, sober government spending, ethical leadership, exploration and conservation of petroleum, and strong defense is what the American public wants — but those core principles have to be articulated hourly and can't be compromised. In an honest debate, Obama's alternatives to the above would be to turn toward more government, higher taxes, more bureaucracies, more dependence of the individual upon the state, etc. And I can't believe the public wants a prescription that historically simply doesn't work.


Go on over and read the entire piece. It sure makes good sense to me. If any Republican--hell, any politician--were to espouse this platform he or she would be in like Flynn.

2 comments:

GUYK said...

I don't know anymore..I used to think so but when I saw the support Obama is getting I have to wonder if the American public has just lost its will to support itself.

JihadGene said...

Victor David Hanson is a jewel in California's Conservative Central Valley! L.A. and the Bay Area (SF) have written us off! I'm ruv it looong time!

Great Reader JihadGene