Friday, May 02, 2008

Basement Progress 5

Slow day today. I've been fighting a respiratory infection the last few days and breathing has become very difficult at times. I got very little sleep the last two nights so I decided to take things easy today.

I did clean up the workshop a bit, mark out all the spots for the lag screws to go up, and drew the line around the perimeter of the room for the molding but that's it. I was going to begin installing the wall molding, but Don and Adam came over to take a look at some of the little problems that have developed in the year and four months we've been in the Aerie.

There were two angles that never got trimmed out under the eaves. Amazingly, we never noticed this all last year. Only the fluttering of a couple of birds in the area of one of the gaping joints alerted us to the problem. Also, the deck power outlets have been acting up. I wanted to use one last spring and it kept tripping. We "fixed" it then, but in the fall, it was back to tripping again. Don's working on trimming out the angles and Adam has figured out what's what with the electrical.

No comments: