Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Bah! Humbug!

Christmas carols have been playing in the mall and at Wally World ever since Halloween. They form a fitting background for the mad shopping that goes on this time of year and most are pretty innocuous. The Chipmunks, however are annoying as all get out. Yeah, their carols are cute the first time you hear them and perhaps they are tolerable the next four or five times, but when you hear them for the 20th or 30th time…well, action must be taken. And so, in celebration of Alvin, Theodore and Simon’s 50th Christmas, I present:

Chipmunks Roasting on An Open Fire



(Boldly stolen from Theo who had it first.)

2 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Roasting's too good for 'em. Regarding Christmas music in general, I don't want to be forced into being sick of hearing it long before the 25th rolls around. I know the retailers are hurting, and I sympathize, but there has to be a more productive way of getting merchandise before the consumers than to play holiday music before the leaves have turned in the fall. Or maybe it's just me.

JihadGene said...

That reminds me! I haven't done any Elf Bowling this season.