Friday, December 19, 2008

Hallelujah!!

AccuWeather (AccuHunch to some) lived up to its past reputation and got it wrong! The storm switched over to sleet and freezing rain (it was supposed to stay snow) and ended at around 3 o'clock this afternoon. As a result we only received about 6 inches.

Now that's not to say they will be wrong on storm 2 (Sunday) or storm 3 (next Wednesday). They may be wrong right now about those storms but I will give them some leeway as they are several days away from reaching here. But this storm...well they got it wrong from last night to this morning (started several hours after they said it would last night) and from this morning to this afternoon as to when it finished (sooner than expected and, therefore, with less accumulation).

Sometimes I think it would be nice to me a weatherman where your accuracy need only be of the ballpark variety, close counts and if you hit .275 you're a star.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And they get paid pretty darned well, too.

Rev. Paul said...

I became acquainted with a meteorologist officer while in the Navy. He told me, "Anything more than four hours in advance is a guess."

I believe he was an optimist.