Sunday, October 07, 2007

Back in PA

Just in case you couldn't tell from the last couple of posts...I drove back to the Aerie in North-Central PA Saturday afternoon.

I could have stayed up at the Bolt Hole and done some target shooting with the .50 caliber muzzleloaders but I had several reasons to head back tot he Aerie. I had a full freezer of venison steaks, roasts and stew meat which left no room for the three large bags of stew meat I wanted to turn into chop meat. (Besides, I wanted to watch the night football games--especially the Rutgers-Cincinnati match-up. I mean who really thought the better game would be USC vs Stanford? That and the fact that I hadn't seen Terry for more than a day in the last month. She'd be heading out to somewhere when I got back or she would get back and I would be heading out.)

Terry and I had what turned out to be 9 pounds of venison chunks turned into ground meat within an hour after I got home. A short time later eight 1-pound packages were in the freezer and there was a pot of spaghetti sauce bubbling away on the stove.

Oh, and it's bow season for deer in PA right now too. I might just get out and try my luck.

No comments: