Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Something slithery this way comes!

Ancient Amphibians Left Full-Body Imprints
The imprints were found in reddish- brown, fine-grained sandstone of the Mauch Chunk Formation in eastern Pennsylvania. The rocks were collected decades ago but had been sitting, unexamined, in the Reading Public Museum Collection in that state. They were rediscovered by college student David Fillmore as part of his senior thesis at Kutztown State University, also in Pennsylvania

[Another story about the same fossils but with more details.
Experts discover rare amphibian imprints]

Right here in PA folks. Of course today you can just go to the Susquehanna River and get yourself a live Hellbender.

1 comment:

Nature Girl said...

Wow! This is really cool! Thank you for your visit to my blog, I see that you are a nature kind of guy, so I'll be stopping back her quite a bit. All my friends call me "nature girl" as it's my primary focus for my photography. I hope you'll stop by again.
Stacie