Monday, October 08, 2007

What to say?

I've been surfing the blogs all day trying to come up with something to post about here.

I've seen stories about missing hurricanes/tropical storms. (It has been an awfully quiet season, no?)

I've read about the Blue Angles performing over San Francisco during fleet week and the pulling of all military charter flights from Oakland's airport across the Bay because they tend to tread our military like second class citizens.

I've read about the heat in Chicago yesterday that led to the death of one marathon runner (who may have had a heart condition that was a ticking time bomb).

I've read about the Boss (Springsteen) feeling suppressed while he makes a grand tour promoting his newest CD. (Hey, Boss, you keep using that word. I don not thin' it means what you thin' it means.)

I've read about the Boss (Steinbrenner) threatening the job of the best manger he's ever had if the Yankees don't win this series against Cleveland. (Hasn't he passed away yet?)

I've read about a self-employed family that didn't purchase health insurance and whose car insurance apparently didn't cover the injuries to two of their kids so now they're fronting for the SCHIPs extension. (Is it proper to proclaim your poor money management to the world like that? And then expect the rest of us to pick up the tab?)

I've read and I've read but, hell, I just can't get into any of this stuff. (I didn't even save the links, dammit!)



As you may have noted while reading this little blog of mine, I seldom discuss politics. A running joke in the house is that the wife goes to vote, I have to be with her so I can vote too: just to cancel her choices out. Last year, in all the moving about and new residence, she brought the wrong ID for me to the voter registration office the day before registration closed. (She had already registered the week before.) Anyway, I didn't get to vote, so neither did she.

She leans lib, I stand a bit more firmly on the right side of the line. Once in a great while she will surprise me, but not often. We try not to talk politics too often.

I may have to start having a Daily Rant like GuyK at Charming, Just Charming but then I'd go around all day with a bug up my butt and it wouldn't be pretty. Just wouldn't be enough coffee in the morning or ice cream at night to get me over it.

2 comments:

Gun Trash said...

Isn't that known as "information overload" or sumtin' like that. It does get wearisome at times wading through the drivel that passes for news today.

joated said...

Sometimes it gets too damn depressing to read/watch the news today. Even if all you want to do is find a topic to comment upon.