Thursday, March 13, 2008

Bad News Bear

I was also thinking of calling this post The Bears and the Bees, but didn't want to confuse anyone who might think it had to do with The Talk.

This also comes via the Jungle Trader : Bear convicted of stealing honey

It happened in Macedonia.

At first I worried for the safety of Pooh, but then I remembered the Hundred Acre Wood is far removed from Macedonia. Reading the story it seems owner of the beehives tried to keep the bear at bay with bright lights and loud music. He obviously hasn't heard the complaints about prisoner treatment at Gitmo.

The bear is still loose and will likely face nothing more than more flashing lights and “thumping "turbo-folk" music” should it return to the scene of the crime. I assume the bee keeper has had sufficient time to fuel up his generator.

I do love the last line of the story: “There was no information on the whereabouts of the bear.”

No comments: