Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Morning

I woke up this morning before sunrise to a big, beautiful moon shining in the bedroom window. I would have hustled downstairs to get the camera and take some pictures, but, hey, it was only 6 AM! (Besides, if I had gotten out of bed, I would have had to feed the cats before I could do anything.)

Yesterday's clipper of a storm--the one that left 6 inches of snow around Chicago and points west--passed well to the south of us along I-80 and things cleared around noon and have remained that way. Lovely sunshine yesterday afternoon, glorious starlight and moonlight last night, and fantastic sunshine again this morning. Even though the daytime highs remain nearly 10 degrees below the average, I could get used to this sunny stuff. Unfortunately, it won't last according to the weather.com folks. Starting on Tuesday we're in for mostly cloudy with showers for a week or so. (That's when the 10-day forecast cuts off.) At least they aren't talking anything serious or snow.

The only hitch in the whole thing is the darn night raiding raccoons. Three of the masked rascals made a mess out of the feeders again last night and ventured up on the porch to knock one of the flower boxes off the deck rail. Luckily nothing was damaged and I had only to refill the feeders and upright the flower box. (No flowers in it yet anyhow.) Worst thing is I set out one of my game cameras in homes of catching the varmints in action and the durn flash didn't fire. So I replaced that camera with another this morning and hope to get some shots of the turkeys (who are out there now) and the coons when they return tonight.

Terry took off for Easter Mass this morning leaving me to enjoy the weather and critters outside. She cooked up a nice ham with homemade scalloped potatoes and broccoli yesterday and has a couple of lamb chops for dinner today. Is it any wonder that I'm wearing my "fat" pants again? Since the construction phase of the Aerie ended, I've put on nearly 30 pounds. Sure hope she's not fattening me up for anything.

Well, that's about all for now.

2 comments:

GUYK said...

hmmmm, them coons ain't bad when they are baked at 350F until done..little greasy but a good source of protein..

Joan of Argghh! said...

Happy Easter! And no, Guy, 'coons don't taste right for Easter.

:o)