Monday, November 05, 2007

Back to PA for a couple of days

Washed the dishes, vacuumed the cabin, drained the pipes and packed my gear in the truck this morning before driving back to the Aerie from the Bolt Hole. Along the way I took all my recyclable bottles and cans to WallyWorld where they have a redemption center. It's a good thing I did 'cause I needed the extra three bucks.

Gasoline prices have skyrocketed in the last week. Between Thursday and today the price jumped 20 cents a gallon on regular. I filled the truck up at the Oneida Service Plaza on the NY Thruway going up to the Bolt Hole on Thursday and then at the local Stewart's on the way home today. Both prices were affected by the NY State taxes so the difference between Thursday and today was a fair comparison.

All I can say is thank goodness the Toyota is giving me 18 miles to a gallon compared to the 14-15 I was getting with the Silverado on the same trip.

Tomorrow's election day and, while there's precious little to vote upon in this off-off-year, Terry and I will still go down to the polls to cast our votes. With no local television stations we have been spared some of the political commercials our friends north of the border in NY state have had to watch. (Well, actually we have had to watch them too, but at least we don't have to vote for anyone of those who have been politicing in those thirty-second sound bites.)

Later this week we'll go over to Wellsboro and check out the photography club. They have a speaker coming in to talk about the wolves of Yellowstone. Maybe he'll have some pretty pictures to illustrate his presentation.

Then, on Friday, the contractor is supposed to come put up some seamless gutters on the Aerie.

No comments: