Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Morning!

It was 35 degrees and rainy when I woke this morning so I decided to go get myself a hole saw, some 6d finishing nails and a few other odds and ends to finish the doors. I had to go to Wally World (hole saw but no 6d nails) and two hardware stores before I got almost everything I needed. I opted out of making the drive to Painted Post (Home Depot) or Horseheads (Lowes) since I didn't want to burn up the fuel to get the few items I still need.

By the time I got home, the temps had dropped and it was spitting snow. Now there are clear skies and a cold north wind blowing. I checked the rain gauge and found there was 1.25 inches of rain in it since Sunday.

I was amazed at how empty the parking lots at the stores were until I remembered every able bodied male and quite a few women were probably out looking for a deer. They will be happy to have the clear skies, I'm sure.

Me? I'm headed back to the basement for the afternoon. Maybe tomorrow I'll go sit in the woods.

No comments: