Tuesday, November 20, 2007

On the road to *spit* NJ today

Fog or no fog, I'll be saddling up to drive into that hell-hole of congestion known as New Jersey today.

The daughter's 11-12 year-old Cavalier has terminal transmissionitis and so she has picked up a 2007 Yaris. Things being what they are, she needs me to provide a down payment. The only way to get it to her is for me to hand deliver it. So, I'll take the 250 mile ride down I-80 but I'm staying overnight which means driving back on the day before Thanksgiving. *shudder* The Delaware River toll booth should be backed up to Morris County. Yeah, my nephew, his girlfriend and Grandma will be taking that same drive later in the afternoon but he's young and foolish. I should know better and except for my daughter's emergency I WOULD know better. Hell, I'd much rather be at the Aerie with a tumbler of Glenlivit on the rocks or even helping Terry clean up for company than be on the road the day before Thanksgiving.

I'll probably swing past my sister's place for some furniture while I'm there. I'd hate to have to go back too often.

1 comment:

Erica said...

"On the road to *spit* NJ today...that hell-hole of congestion known as New Jersey...The Delaware River toll booth should be backed up to Morris County...I'd hate to have to go back too often."

Outstanding! I do love it when you talk like that...music to my ears! Bwahahahahahahaha!!!