Monday, August 11, 2008

Another rainy cold day at the Bolt Hole

I woke this morning to a near 45 degree temperature and it hasn't gotten much better. The temperature outside reads a mere 55 at 1:30 in the afternoon. And the rain has been nearly continuous as well. The thunderstorms just keep rolling overhead. There was one boomer that, while not right over me--thank goodness, still rattled the old cabin to it's core.

This makes the second day in a row the weather quacks have gotten it right. Amazing!

I've once more had to postpone any outdoor activity but the place has gotten a much needed vacuuming and general cleaning.

There's hope that there will be some nice conditions coming tomorrow morning but they aren't supposed to last so if they do appear I'll have to work fast to get the things done that need doing.

Meanwhile it's more crossword puzzles and naps. I am thinking about building a fire if things don't warm up soon. It would also take some of the rawness out of the air.

It's so bad outside that I had a mouse or two in the house last evening. There hasn't been a house mouse in months. And it's not because the place is tight. If I ever had a build up of gas or anything inside I don't think I would have to worry. There are so many little openings that it would dissipate long before it came to any danger levels. I set out four Victor snap traps and caught one white-footed deer mouse over night. The traps will stay out until I have to leave later this week.

No comments: