Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Marauders!

Well, the deer got all those rose buds I talked about the other day. Terry noticed they were nipped off this morning as she went to harvest more zucchini from the garden.

Monday night I thought I heard a deer huffing outside but couldn't spot one even with the million candle power light. Flower buds are like candy to deer. Concentrated energy.

*sigh*

At least I won't have to do much pruning. I will have to see about a small fence tall enough to prevent a repeat next year.

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Deer always make for nice photos!
:-)

joated said...

Photos?! They make great filets, steaks, chops, stew meat.....

JihadGene said...

Shellmo,

I'm with Joated on this.

JDP said...

They also make great chili, tacos, burgers, enchiladas, and pizza.

JDP