Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Morning wait at the Bolt Hole

I'm cooling my jets (literally) here at the Bolt Hole as I wait for the temperature to rise above 50 degrees. Can't really paint until it does. The mercury currently sits at 45 degrees UP from a low somewhere in the 38-40 range. But the sky is clear and the sun is bright so I shouldn't have to wait too long.

They've adjusted the forecast and essentially removed any shower activity from the outlook for today and tomorrow. (They set the odds at 10% and I hope they stay that way.) Today's high will be just around 60 degrees while tomorrow it may reach 65. Ideal for painting...not that I need two days. Two hours will more than suffice.

Once the painting is done, it will be time to build a Tuftex PolyCarb shield on the west end of the porch and a smaller one on the east end where the power meter is located. This stuff is supposed to be flexible enough to cut with snips yet able to withstand anything Mother Nature can throw at it. UV protection is built in, it's supposed to be able to handle snow loads (although, hanging it vertically, I shouldn't have to worry about that) and it is clear so light can come through. And it was only $20 for a 26" wide by 8' long sheet. What's not to like?

Time to finish my second mug of coffee and get my act together. Later.

3 comments:

JihadGene said...

Hope it warm enough for you to get the paint on.

Rev. Paul said...

What JihadGene said. Waiting to see the finished project.

joated said...

Painting was being done on the south side of the house which means every little bit of sunlight helped bring the temperature up. Which is a good thing as it didn't reach 50 until 10 AM and was still just barely 60 at 1:30 PM. But I got'er done!

Next comes the weather shield!