Thursday, September 17, 2009

Well, Happy Birthday to me!

I really do not understand some people's need to glorify (?) mile stone birthdays. Today will be just another day in a long line of days even if it starts my 60th year on this mortal coil.

Weather shield today. Clean up of the work area in the front of the house to include the movement of left over wood into the barn and shed where it may serve at some future date for emergency repairs. Maybe a final mowing of the lawn...or at least part of it. In short a full, normal day. Although it's more overcast and slightly warmer (made 50 before 8 AM!) than predicted/expected.

For the second night in the last three, I had a deer snorting outside my window at 9 PM before I heard some crashing around the apple tree across the street. Deer tracks in the soil in front of my parked truck yesterday. So there are deer in the area...just after dark. Not much help in the hunting plans.

I'll be heading back to the Aerie tomorrow (Friday) with the log splitter on the utility trailer. Company from California is coming on Tuesday. We've a wedding in NJ a week from Saturday and then Terry starts her convention tour going to Indianapolis for SAGA and then Pittsburgh for EGA. I'll be in PA with the Kittehs and the log splitter. I'll get a week with the string and stick trying to connect with a deer there before coming back up to the Bolt Hole for a bit when Terry returns. Then another wedding in NJ at which I've been asked to do a reading from the Gospel, before I can again hit the Adirondack woods.

Busy, busy times ahead. Who can spend it celebrating/worrying about just another day on the calendar.

5 comments:

threecollie said...

Happy birthday, the boss turned 61 yesterday and today is my mom's birthday so I guess it must be birthday week.
Have a great one!

Rev. Paul said...

Happy birthday anyway, you old grouch! ;^)

joated said...

Thank you 3C.

And watch who you call "lod" Rev. Paul! I might just have to come up there and teach you what "old" is all about!

JihadGene said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you and the Mrs get out for a special dinner!

RT said...

Happy belated birthday! Every year is a year to be celebrated, because of the gift of life. :)