Sunday, July 27, 2008

Bear warning

I got this via email from my buddy Mark who is taking occasional peeks at black bear life in the Adirondacks. I thought it might be appropriate for Rev. Paul Way Up North there in Anchorage area where bears have been making themselves known. Here’s a thought, Rex., maybe they, like you , are getting fed up with all the cool, rainy overcast weather you’ve been getting.

It’s a sign posted, I assume from the fine print, at Fort Steele Campground in BC, Canada.

Bear warning

I’m afraid it is most accurate except it skips the Brown/Kodiak bear. Their shit is the same as the Grizzly except it also contains grizzly fur.

(The email was one of those that’s been forwarded and forwarded. I’ve no idea who took the photo or when. )

4 comments:

threecollie said...

That just cracked me up!

Rev. Paul said...

That's funny stuff! Thanks.

James C. Samans said...

Members of the Brown Bear species grow to a larger size when lots of food is present, so the ones who grow up near the big salmon runs become huge versus their smaller inland brethren, but Brown or "Kodiak" bears are actually the same bears as Grizzlies.

Unknown said...

So this is a real sign, huh?! I thought maybe it was "photoshopped". Wow!