Saturday, July 05, 2008

The most amazing thing. It's growin' in green!

That grass I planted last week has begun to sprout with a vengeance beneath it's blanket of straw hay. The weather has been damp enough and the night time temperatures cool enough for the little grass seeds to emerge and start sending up shoots. As I pushed the power mower around the edges of the newly seeded patch, I could see the blades of grass poking their way up through the hat searching for sunlight so they could grow even more. Give it another week or two and it'll be ready to be mowed with the hay either raked gently away or mulched in place.

little grass patch

There's about 225 sq feet of lawn that's been reseeded. (I know, I know. More has to be reseeded as witnessed by the open patches outside the hay cover.)

1 comment:

JihadGene said...

It's really looking great, Joated!
JihadGene