Friday, August 06, 2010

Road Trip 2010: Day 59: Bothel, WA to Fairview, OR

Made our way past Seattle this morning following I-405 South to I-5 South to I-205 still South to I-84 East...during rush hour...and construction. Man, civilization stinks! Especially when it's teeming with Homo sapiens in tin cans.

Anyway. We're at a campground to the west east of Portland having crossed the Columbia River. (Good thing we did so today (Friday) since construction over the weekend will cause it to be closed with huge delays possible.) We'll be here for three nights as we visit with Sandy and Rick. The trick will be to find their apartment in the Big City and navigate those tiny little streets without a 27-foot long trailer in tow.


4 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

So you're back in the land of "civilisation". It doesn't sound any more inviting than I remember.

I'll stay here with the mountains & spruce trees, just the same.

TennRebel said...

Safe travels my friend, it was a pleasure traveling with y'all
Our border crossing was pretty smooth but the lady at the Canadian gas bar was not too amused when I pulled out 2 twenties and a pocket full of change to pay for $54.12 in gas.

Throwback at Trapper Creek said...

Fairview is east of Portland - sorry you had to witness the "civilization" around here - if you continue east soon the people will thin out :)

joated said...

Rev Paul: Wait until my blood pressure returns to normal and I tell you about driving into downtown Portland.

TennRebel: It was a real pleasure traveling the northlands with you folks. Not to worry, however, "We'll meet again. Don't know where. Don't know when. But we'll meet again some day." 'Til then, Happy Trails.

Throwback: DOH! Of course it's EAST of Portland! Not much west of the city that's not wet! (Although the number of people west of the city is certainly less!)