Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Just an old stick in the mud...

...stay at home, slug abed. That's me.

After talking with my buddy, Mark, last evening, I decided to stay here at the Aerie at least until after Christmas. There may have been nearly a foot of fresh snow at the Bolt Hole from this latest storm but beneath that is 6-8 inches of a layered snow-ice cake that is hell to clear with a snow thrower and doubly hell to clear with a shovel because, not only is it difficult to break up but it is heavy, too. Compacting fluffy snow flakes into ice makes it damn hard and heavy.

Also, as Mark mentioned over the phone, it (the pre-glacial, deep snow/ice pack) might deter some a**hole from ripping off our firewood this winter. We "lost" about a cord of stacked wood last year.

Besides, he's going to be stopping up there this weekend and will let me know what's up. If need be, I can drive up to clear the roofs on the 27th. Until then, I believe I'll just sit here at the Aerie and have a nice hot chocolate.

What? I've got to go to NJ for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? Noooooo!

Will there be presents?

No comments: