Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Needle and Thread

I’ve often mentioned that Terry is an accomplished stitcher who does hand embroidery and smocking. I’ve tried to get her to put some things about her projects on this blog but to no avail. To recognize some of her talent, I’m going to have to snap few pictures of her work and post them myself.

In the mean time, I’ve added a category over on the sidebar with links to three of the organizations to which she belongs:

Stitching Organizations:
American Needlepoint Guild
Embroiderers’ Guild of America (EGA)
Smocking Arts Guild of America (SAGA)

She belongs to several local and not so local chapters of each of these but is the current President Elect of SAGA on the national level. That means sometime this fall (probably right in the middle of my hunting season!) she will be installed as the President at the National Convention in Atlanta. I think she plans on forcing my attendance.

No comments: