Tuesday, September 16, 2008

No Power...back to PA

Back at the Aerie...*sigh*.

There was no power all last evening despite a little five minute tease at around 5 PM in which the lights powered up for a little--just long enough for the fluorescent bulb over the kitchen sink to come on--and then pfft! Nothing!

When there were still no lights this morning I called National Grid again (not enough power on the computer's battery to check the web site) said the magic words needed to speak to a real human and found out that they hoped to get power back to my neck of the woods by 6 or 7 PM tonight.

Now, I can camp. I like to camp. I can live at the Bolt Hole in the middle of winter with no operational plumbing but lots of snow outside. I could even put up with no refrigerator in February. (Lots of snow outside, remember.) But being there for three days without power to run the water pump and limited sources of water for flushing the toilet, being there when the freezer is slowly thawing out on me, these are things I do not like.

So I packed up and drove home. I'll be staying here for a week or so before heading back up on September 27.

No comments: