Saturday, September 13, 2008

Saturday morning and it's wet

It rained much of the night and this morning every leaf, every blade of grass, every twig is glistening with drops of water. This literally dampens my desire to go out and scout the woods for deer sign and bears.

If I were up in Quebec to go fishing I would have no problem going out. I'd just don my rain gear and go. There would, after all, be no dripping from over hanging branches or water from brushing against a shrub. Here, however, with the leaves still on the trees, I'd be soaked after half an hour. Maybe later today things will improve. Right now though it's somewhat foggy and very, very overcast. The weatherman on the TV said not to worry if it looks threatening as the showers would be few and far between.

Terry just called from the Aerie to say I]m in the wrong place. Seems she had a visitor last night. Mr. Bruin showed up to raid the bird feeders at around 9 PM and, while he didn't do any serious damage, he managed to empty two feeders, knock over the tray, knock down the bird bath/water bulb and make off with the suet feeder. I got a little lax about bringing in the feeders because he hadn't been around while I was there. But the blackberries are gone now so I guess he's looking for a new source of food.

No comments: