Thursday, September 25, 2008

Some Political Thoughts and Rambles

As I read several conservative blogs that allow comments, I've noticed that there are one or two, sometimes three, commenters who are there only to seemingly monitor the web site and leave comments defending Obama (seldom Biden) and attacking McCain and Palin. They usually do so only on the posts by the blogger(s) that bring up something Obama has said or done or has said he will do.

Often, commenters will use very similar language on different sites. When the comments carry a name it's possible to tell if they are different people. Often they are the ubiquitous Anonymous. These folks are either well versed in the Obama talking points or are getting direction from somewhere.

Sometimes these comments are amusing to read in the "I can't believe he said that" kind of way. Sometimes you just want to reach out and touch someone...if you know what I mean. At the very, very least you want to grab the person by the shoulders and shake them so as to break the trance they are obviously under.

********

I've received emails from birding friends that obviously originated from either Huffpo (the Huffington Post) or the Obama camp (or both as they are sometimes indistinguishable). As the person(s) doing the forwarding have also been volunteering for Obama at the county fair and even at the local Obama office, I would not be surprised to learn they are on the mailing list for action alerts.

I found it embarrassing when this person forwarded a screed about Sarah Palin that was penned by the author of The Vagina Monologues. You may have seen it, it's the letter about having nightmares and how Palin has personally killed 40 caribou at a clip and shot 100 wolves from the air and will cause women to lose everything they have worked so hard to gain. I read it and had to read it again because I couldn't believe what it purported to say.

I wanted to ask by friend if she was that effing stupid to forward such a piece of obvious trash. I didn't. But I should have. I assumed she just didn't read the piece before clicking forward and adding her personal little message at the top. (Which may have not been so personal as I've seen the same little note as the intro to someone else's email. This women was an elementary school principal in California (which may be where the problem originates). She has a degree and certification to teach Spanish. I thought she wasn't stupid. Now I'm not sure.

1 comment:

JihadGene said...

Say habla dip shit! Just another typical member of the California Teachers Union.