Tuesday, December 27, 2005

RU and Arizona State on ESPN tonight.

Oh sh*t.

The play-by-play announcer for the Insight Bowl tonight is Brent Musburger. I hate listening to Musburger. I don’t know why but his voice makes me cringe. It’s fingernails on the blackboard bad. And he seems to pontificate everything he says. It's like he's delivering the sermon on the ount or something. Whenever I watch a game he announces I find myself either turning off the sound or using the remote far more frequently than normally. He is reasonably knowledgeable about the game but when he opens his mouth it seems he’s talking down to the audience all the time. No other football announcer turns me off like this (at least not since Howard Cossell).

Only Dick Vitale in the color chair for NCAA Basketball games annoys me more, baby. But at least he is extremely knowledgeable even if he sports a penchant for hyperbole. (And old Dickie is on ESPN2 with the Gonzaga vs Memphis game.

No comments: