Thursday, December 13, 2007

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

As I mentioned this morning, we were recipients of a fairly fast moving system that reached from Boston to Baton Rouge along the spine of the Appalachian Mountains. Here at the Aerie the precipitation fell as snow from around 7 AM until 5 PM by which time the front along which the storm is moving had shifted ever so slightly to the east.We even got the tiniest peek at blue sky (or at least thinner clouds) as the sun settled beyond the mountains to the west.

I reckon we have about 8 inches of light powder on the ground with some noticeably deeper drifts where it as blown off the roof or been stopped by a row of stone or weeds.

Rather than haul the snowblower out tonight, I'll wait for tomorrow and get out there around 7:30-8:00 AM to get the driveway done.

Better hurry though. Another and potentially larger storm is forecast for Saturday night into Sunday.

Global Warming? Bah! Humbug! I say.

No comments: