Saturday, December 01, 2007

Utility Room Door is In

My shoulder felt 8-% better yesterday so I worked it out some by hauling the joiner down to the basement just in case I needed to use it to shave the door panels for the utility room door. The tolerances for that door were a bit tight. I realize now that I didn’t take into account the second set of hinges the door required. I measured everything as though it was a four-foot wide door with hinges on one side. Having the door formed as two two-foot wide panels and a second set of hinges makes a difference as the hinges actually bump the door a tiny bit away from the jam. In any event, I removed about ¼ inch from each panel’s center edge to give me some slack and then with Terry’s help, the jam and panels were put in place.

Utility Room Door

All that is needed now is to purchase suitable latch hardware (I was thinking of something along the lines of a black wrought iron gate latch) and install some trim.

Oh, and my shoulder feels great today. My foot doesn't hurt either.

1 comment:

joated said...

And it's heavy too. Made of the 1 1/2 inch pine floor material. Each board is about 5 1/2 inches wide. Each "panel" is 24" wide and 80" tall. Two panels form the door.