Sunday, December 23, 2007

Torture? or Treatment?

I saw this article linked over at Instapundit the other day and, having many allergies and sinus problems, I went over to look at what they were touting as a solution. (No pun intended.)

It sounded interesting but I kept having just one thought: Isn’t this the “torture” technique called “Water boarding”?

I don’t know that I could do this to myself even if it were to bring relief. Hell, I'd probably succumb to "water boarding" so fast and start spilling the beans at such a rate that they'd have to use a high speed recorder slowed down to get any meaning out of my words. I'd make stuff up to tell them, too, if they would stop. But then I did that when the podiatrist went to put a needle in the sole of my foot. I'll take a shot anywhere but there! (And lay off the gums unless you give me nitrous first, mister dentist.)

I think I’ll stick to the saline sprays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

About a zillion years ago, I had a doctor in the Army advocate the use of this procedure. I've never been able to master the technique.