Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Oops!

At 6:30 this morning I had a circuit breaker trip while I was using the microwave. It wasn't the first time. I traipsed off to the basement, opened the door to the workshop and proceeded to reset the breaker. I took a quick look around to see if any of the cats had followed be and not seeing any of them, I closed the workshop door and went back upstairs.

Fast forward four hours.

I'm sitting in the living room surfing the net when I hear a very faint, "Meeew?"

Thinking there might be a cat behind a door, I took a quick nose count and discovered only Chester and Shadow were present and accounted for. Julie was MIA. She wasn't in the sewing room, the laundry room, the guest bedroom or the master bedroom.

Another faint, "Meew?"

Only one other door she could be behind. So I headed for the basement and opened the workshop door. There, crouched behind the door, was Julie. The last time I had seen her, she had been in the kitchen finishing her breakfast, but obviously she had tailed me to the workshop and hid while I was resetting the breaker. She's the only one of the three without a bell on her collar, just her tag from her inoculations. Nothing for that tag to jingle-jangle against means she is one of the silent running variety of kitties. I guess I'm going to have to bell the "Old Girl" if she keeps this up.

I'll probably find some unwelcome surprise tucked in the corner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:-) Hey, I know that one. It happens here also, quite often.